The Best Process Workflow Management Tools for 2021
Let’s be honest, working from home hasn’t necessarily led to the work-life balance that we thought it would.
In fact, it’s the opposite for a lot of people across the world.
In 2020, the National Bureau of Economic Research carried out a study on 3.1 million people across the US. They found that, on average, employees were working almost 49 minutes longer each day than before the pandemic.
But what if we told you that you could get the same work done in less time? Because three words can help you achieve that: process management software.
Custom workflows could help you reduce your workload significantly. In some cases, using these management tools has reduced the time companies spend on projects by almost two-thirds.
Working from home is set to continue for the foreseeable future, and workflow management tools will grow in importance.
Here are the best solutions for 2021 to boost your and your team’s efficiency.
Taskworld was launched in 2006 as a part of Fred Mouawad’s internal company toolset. Since then, it has evolved into a favorite tool for solopreneurs all the way to multinational Hotel Groups (like Accor). Teams using the tool have access to various solutions, including time-tracking and a transparent project timeline.
Top Taskworld Features
- Create recurring tasks – Does your team have routine tasks? Instead of manually adding these each time, you can use Taskworld to create them once. After that, you can update these projects upon completion.
- No need for messaging app integration – Taskworld includes messaging capabilities, meaning your team can stay up to date without needing to invest in and integrate a third-party tool.
- Available in multiple languages – When managing a remote team, you’ll naturally attract employees whose primary language isn’t English. Taskworld is available in German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and more.
What Are Taskworld’s Limitations?
- Fewer integration capabilities (for now) – Taskworld does not support as many third-party integrations as other platforms on the market. Instead, most of the features you need are included within the app already.
- All plans are paid for – When you get started with Taskworld, you can try out the product for free. However, there is no free-for-life plan. Ready-made packages range from $10-22 per user per month.
- Fewer standout features – Taskworld focuses on providing the business process management features that all teams will need. Each solution has less disparity in how better it is than another, with all performing at a similarly high level.
Did you think that Slack was only a communications tool? Think again. When using Slack, you can also take advantage of various management tools and create various custom workflows.
Top Slack Features
- Ready-made communication – If you already have Slack, chances are you bought it to communicate easier with your team. So, you don’t need to invest in another messaging product on the side.
- Task streamlining – Slack allows you to automate welcome messages. You can also use the service for reporting outages instantly.
- Integration with other apps – As one of the most popular communications software, you can integrate Slack with various other process management software solutions.
What Are the Disadvantages of Slack?
- Not explicitly designed to automate most workflows – Slack is better for communication, not project management. While you can automate some processes, the options are basic compared to other solutions.
- Can be addictive – Slack is great for communicating with your colleagues but can become a distraction. Make sure you aren’t spending too much time sharing memes in water cooler chats.
- Not great for managing tasks – You can use Slack to talk about projects and their progress. However, you don’t have many options for seeing timelines within the app.
monday.com has been around since 2012 and is one of the best-known workflow management solutions. The platform works for businesses of all sizes and has a variety of useful features.
Top monday.com Features
- Customization – monday.com offers a broad range of customizable features. Users can change their interface to look however they want, making it user-friendly for everyone.
- Complete project overviews – With monday.com, you can gather a comprehensive overview of each project. Timelines, tables, and progress reports are all available.
- Easy for beginners – You don’t need a tech degree to use monday.com. The interface is easy to navigate, and you can download various templates too.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using monday.com for Custom Workflows?
- It can get expensive – monday.com has no free plan. And when you pay for monthly plans, you need to pay per head. As you hire more employees, using the software can become pricey.
- Some users might find it cluttered – monday.com has a wide range of features, but this can become a problem. Users may find the amount of choice overwhelming.
- Inability to assign comments to team members – Comments often slip through the cracks in big projects. While some process management software lets you assign comments to specific users, you cannot do this with monday.com.
Zapier has a head office in California but employs its team members in over 20 different countries. The platform helps remote companies improve their task efficiency and business processes.
Top Zapier Features
- Comprehensive integration features – As you can imagine from a team designed to work remotely, Zapier’s software has a wide range of integration features. You can manage your communications, documents, and emails within the platform.
- Automated workflows – With Zapier, you can automate most of your workflows. You also don’t need to do much when they’re completed since the app handles this.
- Suitable for various teams – Zapier is useful for sales, marketing, HR, and more. As a company, you could save money compared to buying lots of solutions for every team instead.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using Zapier?
- Beginners may find using Zapier difficult – Zapier is more complex than a lot of workflow management solutions. If you haven’t got much experience with using these solutions, learning may take time.
- Cluttered dashboard – Like monday.com, Zapier offers a variety of features. And while this is useful, some may find that too much choice is stressful.
- Technical issues can arise – Many users have complained about ‘Zaps’ failing or lengthy lagging times. When using the platform regularly, this can become frustrating.
What’s the Best Process Management Software in 2021?
Most employees are interested in working remotely in some capacity post-pandemic. Therefore, having the right systems in place is essential.
As you can see, you’ve got a lot of choices in picking process management software in 2021. The best for you will depend on your individual goals. It would be best to consider your industry; a bank or hotel will have different needs to a marketing agency.
Once you’ve made these decisions, you’ll have a better idea about which custom workflows tool will maximize your efficiency.
Before trying out any management tool, trying for free is a good idea.
When you’re ready, why not use Taskworld with a free trial?